DEHUMAN “Graveyard of Eden” CD, LP & Digital
Fast and Epic Death Metal masters return with a raging second full-length!
Three years after the release of their celebrated debut full-length, “Black Throne of all Creation” followed by no less than four European tours with Agathocles and Master (among others), Belgium’s DEHUMAN are back with “Graveyard of Eden”, a raging and ravaging monster of a second full-length produced at both the Blackout (Enthroned, Emptiness…) and Sainte Marthe (Arkhon Infaustus, Deep In Hate, Department of Correction…) studios.
When “Black Throne of all Creation” was a brilliant mix of old-school Death Metal influences with a modern sound and feel, “Graveyard…” multiplies the effect by 666: as fast as the fastest Thrash / Death (poke Slayer, Vader, Malevolent Creation…), as brutal as 90’s Brutal Death Metal could be (poke early Suffocation…), as catchy and addictive as a great band can be in terms of song-writing (poke early-Pestilence, Death, Morgoth, early-Morbid Angel…), DEHUMAN is definitely the best of both worlds and, as is, quite unique in its genre: old-school yet absolutely modern, raging, fast and brutal, yet with a sense of absolute epicness few are able to match (zillions of riffs, each faster than the previous one, yet forming coherent and absolutely catchy tunes).
DEHUMAN are, despite their young age (they’re in their 20’s) and “Graveyard of Eden” is “only” their second full-length, definitely one of a kind in an ocean of clones and copycats plaguing the Death Metal scene: out of any trend (old-school? Brutal? Slamming? Fuck that! They’re upper class classic Death Metal of the extremely best kind!), with a personality of their very own and a collective talent in song-crafting few can pretend matching. Thunderous drums, heavy as fuck breaks, roaring bass, lightning fast guitars: everything here screams “RAGE!”. Beware, Eden, Dehuman’s the new Evil god and it’s after you, building your graveyard angel corpse after angel corpse!
Evilness and epicness get brand new meanings!
- Best 2015 album [Glibert, Xtreem Music]
- Best 2015 album [Obszen, Xtreem Music]
- Best 2015 album [From Beyond Metal]
- #3 best 2015 album [Mister Brute Force, Metal Chroniques]
- #9 best 2015 album [Super Castor, Metal Chroniques]
- #10 best 2015 album [Metal Chroniques]
- Part of the “Albums of the Year” [FM Brussel]
- “I like Dehuman, they remind me of early Pestilence, but faster” [Fenriz]
- “Filled with awesomeness from beginning to end” [Headbanger Reviews]
- “L’une des révélations marquantes de la scène Death Metal Européenne.” [La Grosse Radio Metal]
- “La grosse claque Death Metal” [SkyNet.be]
- 10/10 : Amps and Green Screens, Brutalism, Cigareviews, From Beyond
- 9/10 : Church of Nowhere, French Metal, Metal Chroniques, Xtreem
- 8.5/10 : Arte Metal, Horns Up
- 8.2/10 : Zware Metalen
- 8/10 : Ave Noctum, Crossfire, Demonic Nights, Lost in Chaos, Queens of Steel, Sea of Tranquility, Thrashocore, Violent Solutions
- Sepulcher of Malevolence
- Crypts of Blood
- Obedience to Pestilence
- Invocation of Sublime Death
- Cries of Nihility*
- Temple of Lust and Fire
- Cerebro Veneficium
- Ov Madness
- Goddess of Sins
- Total running time: 38:46 [CD] / 42:14 [LP*]
- 500 copies limited edition first press as DigiSleeve CD [TOX047CDLE]
- CD [TOX047CD]
- 100 copies collector edition white 12″ LP with a bonus track (*) [TOX047LPLE]
- 400 copies limited edition 12″ LP with a bonus track (*) [TOX047LP]
- 09-MAR-15 : DigiSleeve CD & Digital
- 13-APR-15 : LP
- 04-MAY-15 : CD
- Andréa Vissol – bass & vocals
- Mathias Boulougouris – guitars
- Rafaël Sellekaerts – guitars
- Laye Louhenapessy – drums
- All music and lyrics by Dehuman
- Recorded at the BlackOut studio
- Mixed and mastered at the Sainte Marthe studio
- Executive producer: Nicolas Williart for Kaotoxin Records
- Reproduced with kind permission of Kaotoxin Publishing
- LP versions released in collaboration with Disembodied Records.