MERCYLESS “Pathetic Divinity” Boxset, CD, LP, MC & Digital
French Legendary unholy Death Metal kings are back!
MERCYLESS, one of the most respected and loyal Death Metal acts to ever emerge from France, who released two classic Death Metal albums (“Abject Offerings” (Vinyl Solution, 1992) and “Coloured Funeral” (Century Media, 1993)) that carved the band’s name deep into the annals of Death Metal history and toured relentlessly across Europe with the likes of ASPHYX, UNLEASHED, TIAMAT or more recently fellow French legends LOUDBLAST, not to mention the countless shows with such legendary acts as DEATH (RIP, Chuck), CANNIBAL CORPSE, OBITUARY, INCANTATION, SAMAEL or MASSACRA, is back with its sixth studio full-length, “Pathetic Divinity”.
The follow-up to 2013’s “Unholy Black Splendor” will mark the second step of a year-plus long series of celebrations for the band’s 30th anniversary, which commenced on June 3rd with the release of a free digital single titled “Altered Divination”. Produced by Philippe Reinhalter at Psykron studio (PUTRID OFFAL) and mastered by Frédéric Motte at Conkrete studio (ANATA remasters, OTARGOS, WE ALL DIE (laughing)…), “Pathetic Divinity” is a full-on, genuine and blasphemous Death Metal assault on everything deemed holy.
No-frills, uncompromising and crushing Death Metal played with guts and authenticity is what MERCYLESS continues to stand for and “Pathetic Divinity” is full of savage anthems against the one nailed to the cross, spewing forth the seminal old-school Death Metal feel of European / Swedish pioneers GRAVE, DISMEMBER, ENTOMBED, UNLEASHED, CARNAGE and NIHILIST, yet sharing the unholy and bloodthirsty hate of fellow Christ-desecrators INCANTATION and IMMOLATION. MERCYLESS proudly declare that “Pathetic Divinity” is their best, heaviest, and most brutal work to date, structurally close to their first two albums, but presenting a more modern and vital production work. It’s truly a Death Metal masterpiece that proves that these loyal veterans still have more than enough power, rage and ambition to keep the old-school Death Metal flag flying high!
- “One of the best traditional Death Metal records you’re gonna hear this year.” [Metal Rules]
- “Mercyless have unleashed a Beast that not only wipes the slaughterhouse floor with their own discography to date, but much of what has been released since Death Metal’s peak” [Angry Metal Guy]
- “A hellish record that definitely should be on the top of every Death Metal head’s list” [Cadaver Garden]
- “L’un des albums de Death Metal de l’année” [Metal Cunt]
- “Album incontournable […] dans mon top 10 de 2016” [Among the Living]
- 10/10 : United Rock Nations
- 9.5/10 : French Metal, Pagan Hel
- 9/10 : Mega Metal, Metal Rules
- 8.5/10 : World of Metal
- 8.33/10 : Metallian
- 8.25/10 : Metalorgie
- 8/10 : Angry Metal Guy, Arte Metal, Battle Helm, Soil Chronicles, The True Bringer of Death
- Blood of Lambs
- Pathetic Divinity
- A Representation of Darkness
- My Name Is Legion
- Exhort the Heretic
- Left to Rot
- Eucharistic Adoration
- How Deep Is Your Hate?
- Bless Me Father*
- Probably Impure*
- Eucharistic Adoration*
- Total running time: 33:53 / 45:34*
* Collector edition Boxset CD and limited edition Deluxe DigiSleeve CD first press bonus tracks taken from the 2015 split 12″ with CRUSHER.
- 100 copies collector edition boxset CD with three bonus tracks [TOX063CDX]
- 1000 copies limited edition deluxe DigiSleeve CD first press [TOX063CDLE] with bonus three tracks EP [TOX063CDS]
- 1000 copies limited edition deluxe DigiSleeve CD second press [TOX063CDL2]
- 300 copies collector edition red and black marbled LP in gatefold sleeve [TOX063LPLE]
- 100 copies collector edition cassette tape [TOX063MC]
- Digital [TOX060D]
- 07-OCT-16 : Boxset CD, Digi-CD, Gatefold LP, Cassette & Digital
- 18-NOV-16 : Digi-CD reprint [TOX063CDL2]
- Max Otero – guitars & vocals
- Gauthier Merklen – guitars
- Matthieu Merklen – bass
- Laurent Michalak – drums
- All music and lyrics by Mercyless
- Mixed at Psykron studio
- Mastered at Conkrete studio
- Executive producer: Nicolas Williart for Kaotoxin Records
- Reproduced with kind permission of Les Editions Hurlantes